Bicycle helmet is an essential bicycle gear that each cyclist must have. It comes in various designs and shapes though its primary function is to protect our head. Popular brands in the market are OGK Kabuto, Kask, Rudy Project, Bell, Specialized etc.
For each brand of helmets:
- Comes in two types of fitting such as Asian fit and Standard fit
- Comes in several sizes such as small, medium and large
- Comes in various models to cater for types of cycling
I encountered friends buying from online store and local bicycle shop whereby they bought it impulsively because the design and colour of the helmet interest them to buy it. It is important to first choose a helmet which fits you well followed by considering the design and colour of the helmet. Therefore, you need to be present at the shop to try the bicycle helmet before buying.
These are the common mistakes a person make when buying a bicycle helmet:
- Buy based on the design of the helmet
- Buy based on the colour of the helmet
- Buy based on the weight of the helmet
- Buy based on the price of the helmet